Just in case people are wondering how I am managing with out Mark. Today was a rough start:( Mark left on Sunday at noon and won't be home until Friday around 5 or 6, he has yet to give me the full details!
I thought this morning was going to be a good one since I had all my kids bathed last night. I got up at 6 and worked out on my treadmill. I came upstairs and packed Ethan's lunch. (Good thing I got that done early!) When Ryan woke up I quickly changed his diaper and got him dressed for the day. The same thing with Andrew. When Andrew was done eating I put him in his swing and then had family prayer with the boys. Sounding good so far. Just wait.
As soon as I sat down to eat my breakfast with the boys Andrew threw up all over himself and the swing. Yes there was a puddle of spit up in the swing when I got him out. So I quickly bathed him and changed his clothes. As I was washing him Ryan was screaming that he wanted an egg instead of Lucky Charms. I was a little busy at the time and couldn't get his request so he dumped all his Lucky Charms all over the floor. Yes Andrew was in his towel at the time. So I got that cleaned up and peeled him an egg.
Jake and Ethan were being so silly at breakfast they weren't eating. I was worried that Ethan wouldn't be ready for his bus on time. Jake finished so I sent him downstairs to get dressed. Ethan finished shortly after so I said why don't you try and get dressed faster than Jake. They both came running upstairs shortly after. Ethan still missing a shirt. I got Andrew dressed and then went down to check on them. Ethan then told me that Jake peed on the floor. When I asked why he did that he said "because Ethan peed on my bed!" Yes there was pee all over the floor, Jake's bed and box springs. I was down in their room trying to decide how to best handle this. And then Ethan, Jake and Ryan all started screaming (just for fun) hmmm, I was really overwhelmed. It was only 8:09 AM!
I called my mom and told her I needed someone to feel sorry for me. She let me relate all that had happened (through tears of course) and felt truly sorry for me. Then just before we hung up she said, "Be thankful you don't have cancer too" Thanks mom. Things really could be worse. I really am thankful for my boys. I am just still trying to find a good way to discipline them. If I ground them from TV then I won't get my nap in everyday ( I NEED that) There aren't any friends on our street so they don't really play with friends. I would love any suggestions! And I would Love for Mark to come back soon!
1 day ago

7 comments:
oh my goodness, JanaRae, sounds like a crazy day!!! i wish i knew what to tell you about discipline. i only know in a school setting- sit at your desk with a timer, miss recess, call parents. none of those will work! however, if you need help this week, i'd love to come over to give you a break! i'm in lindon til 4:00 everyday and i'd be happy to watch the boys for you so you can get some things done. let me know! i always hate when dan leaves town, i can't even imagine what it must be like to watch 4 kids too!
Sorry I don't have a better schedule. Bob and I can come take some of your kids on Thursday.... We are done at 4, so let us know. We'd be happy to do something with them and let you have a little breather.
I gotcha on the whole grounding from TV. It's nice that you can get a little rest during that time. We started taking favorite toys away. Rohne lost all of his swords for a week last night. While I went in his room for the 100th time to tell him to go to sleep, and stop screwing around, he told me to "go away, and die." He cried and cried and cried when I didn't let him have his swords today. Maybe he'll be nicer now. . . I can barely handle my 3. I don't know how you do 4, and without a husband. Good luck.
JanaRae I wish we lived closer so we could have our kids get together and play! I am SO sorry your morning was a huge mess. I hope the rest of your week goes better than well to make up for it. Looking forward to tomorrow!
oh, i feel for you. You do sometime just need someone to tell you "your life is so hard. i am so sad for you, etc." We started a prize jar with 3 strikes bc our oldest extremely independent red head is being a pita (pain in the a**) right now.=) So, that hs worked pretty well. We also add fun activities into the prize jar, so that's good too. I wish I could get a nap everyday like you. I have started exercising, but I don't know how you do it with 4!!! Hang in there! You are a great mom and your kids are freaking adorable! And Mark needs to set you up with something super nice when he gets home.
I hope it gets easier and really, I'm not sure it can get worse than that for a day!
Where is Mark? Sounds exciting. As for being without a husband, not many know that as well as me. Mark's first year of business school he'd leave at 7:30 in the morning and come home at 10:30. It was all me, all day. I couldn't even go out at night alone to enrichment, anything. I'm was so happy when that ended. Then he interned in New York and we were apart for 7 weeks. Now he's on the job hunt and was gone Sunday and Monday to Dallas, all day school Tue and Wed, then gone to Greensboro, NC Thursday Friday, then has a school trip on Saturday. My kids have been sick for two weeks and I'm going stir crazy. Sorry that was so long, I just wanted you to know that I know how you feel! Hang in there :)
Post a Comment