Monday, March 22, 2010

I love Free

The children's museum in Salt Lake had a free day on St. Patrick's and so we went. To say it was SO crowded would be an understatement! It was pretty packed and I really couldn't have done it without Emily and Michele. They were huge helpers! Here are just a few pictures I got. Ryan in the Dog house and Emily with the pup.

Michele and Jake at the magnet wall.


Lunch time.


Jake's favorite place. He was here over an hour. He kept telling me that he had to work.


Ryan in the farm area with some chickens. Guess he has the same interest as his dad :)

The first hour we were there it was a total mad house. Jake brushed up against another little girl which was impossible not to do. (there were so many people there it seemed you were always bumping someone) Anyway she totally start crying. Emily was with Jake and asked the little girl's mom if she was ok (thinking it was a little odd that she was so hurt) the mom replied, "she has a broken collar bone." FYI somethings are not worth free. IF you child has a broken collar bone don't take them some place so crowded that they are going to get bumped every 5 seconds.
As it was so crazy we kept hearing other mom's say "this is so bad lets just go home." That is was gave us the motivation to stick it out. And with in an hour it was much better. Thanks again to Michele and Emily for all your help. If you weren't there I am sure I would have ended up with someone else's kids or none at all.

3 comments:

Jannifer said...

Ha, I have to tell you, when you were in AZ and I went with Mark and the boys to visit Grandma, the thing Ryan got most excited about was a glass chicken she had in her storage room. I think he is taking after Mark.

Michele said...

it was so fun to go with you guys! i love that pic of ryan with the chickens- so cute. good thing we stuck it out and stayed the whole day!

Emily K. said...

Our Kids Museum is free here every Friday night from 5:00-8:00. And, we try to go at least once a month. It is always a mad house, and I just have to grit my teeth, and bear it. The kids love it, and I love not having to pay 7 bucks!

Yes, you should not take your child with a broken collar bone to a crowded museum. How much could she enjoy anyway?