Sunday, April 4, 2010

Priesthood Session

Every year Mark goes to the priesthood session in Salt Lake. When we were first married I didn't really get what the big hairy deal was and why he had to go. I just thought he could just as easily (if not more so) go to his stake center and watch the same thing. But no matter how grumpy I was about it he still went. It wasn't until a few years ago I went to the Relief Society broadcast with my mom, sister, aunt, and grandma that I realized why Mark loves going. We had such a great time. I don't think I have complained about it since. I am actually looking forward to Mark's dad getting home (he has been serving as mission president for the past, almost, three years) so Mark can go with him. Mark leaves around 4 and gets home sometime after 11PM. I have started my own traditions with the boys. I try and do something fun that I normally wouldn't do. I really don't like to be at home especially when I know Mark is out have a good time. I feel like we should be too. So this year we went bowling. They just opened up a new bowling alley 1/2 mile from my house. It was a lot of work to go with all the boys but we had fun. Jake used this ramp a couple of times but then bowled without it. Until he crossed the line and slipped and fell. He then stuck to the ramp. He told me he doesn't want to go bowling again with out dad. So next time, Mark you are invited :)

Here is Ethan the winner of our game. He scored 95! (he did have the bumpers) But he also got 2 spares and 1 strike. Way to GO!


Andrew even loved it!


I had a hard time getting Ryan to push the ball. He loved standing up there watching everyone bowl.



Here's me. I bowled too. I was pretty tired by the time it was my turn after helping everyone with their turns.

After bowling we got some pizza and came back home. I got the boys to bed and then watched a documentary on marathons. So interesting. I went to be totally worn out. I was glad to have Mark back home. I hope he had as much fun as we did.

2 comments:

Jannifer said...

JanaRae, you are the cutest mom! It looks like you guys had fun.

Lee Ann said...

I love your bunny! You are so creative. The bowling looked so fun. Maybe I can go next year!