Saturday, May 14, 2011

the other day I had to look up a recipe online so I could finish my grocery list. Well I let time slip by and before I knew it was checking all my favorite blogs. My kids apparently were hungry and thought to make themselves lunch. Jake got out the bread mayo and mustard. Yummy sandwich! They packed everything up so they could have a picnic outside. I looked in Ryan's bag and he had his sandwich and olives and something else random that I can't remember right now.










They decided to eat their lunch on the swing set. I am grateful for the the few nice days that we have had so far this year that we can be outside without jackets.







Here's Andrew and Ryan. They love this swing set.


Here is my great story about my swing set. Out home teacher had been renting a place and they bought a home. He told me he wasn't going to take his swing set and we could have it. Mark immediately said no while I was so excited. Mark and I talked it over for a few days. He didn't think we had room for it. So I didn't really think anything else of it. However our home teacher is a Sysco man and Mark felt the need to order his birthday cake through him. (It was huge!) So when Dan came to deliver the cake he reminded me about the swing set and said it was still there. I called my friend as soon as he left. We headed over there with her truck and loaded it up (quite comical to anyone watching) Then we drove around the corner to my house and unloaded it. The only problem was it wouldn't fit through my gate. So Renee being as handy as she is got into our tools helped me take the swing set apart, take it in the back yard, and then put it back together again. Mark got home and I showed him my surprise. I told him if he really didn't want it he would have to move it. Needless to say we have kept the swing set and my boys are loving it.The only question now is where are we going to put our garden?

2 comments:

rachel said...

That is the best swing set story ever! It looks like a fun one too!

Taylor Family said...

I've done that too. In Virginia the swing set I got took up our whole back yard (it was super small) but the kids had hours of fun onn it!