Today I spent the day making and canning peach jam. I am amazed at what a sense of accomplishment I feel. This is my first time I have ever made jam. I have done a little canning with my mom, mostly pears and peaches, but never on my own. We got a basket of peaches from Mark's grandma and Lee Ann left me all of her canning things when she went on her mission. Thank you! Mark's Aunt Flora stayed at our house last night and so as I was reading and preparing for my canning day I asked A TON of questions. Thanks Aunt Flora for all your help. I feel I did pretty good. I only had to call my neighbor once for reassurance and I managed to only lose Jake once as well. Thank You Rain Jeppson for sending him home.
My grandparents brought me a box of pears from their tree on Saturday so I think I will be ready to move onto those tomorrow.
I always thought it was a little strange to hear people say, "what beautiful fruit" but now that I have my own jam I think its so pretty. I am excited to fill my pantry shelves with my bottled fruit. It will be nice to have such a good looking pantry. I hope I can let my family taste it and not just stare at the beautiful jars.

I just had to take a picture. My entire days work in seven little jars.

3 comments:
It looks delicious
i love making peach jam and canning.
it seriously makes you feel so totally domestic and satisfied (unless like he first time I canned, and appleasauce and went back a few weeks later to see several jars popped/unsealed and NOT smelling so sweet anymore :)
your boys are so darn cute by the way.
:) It IS beautiful, JanaRae! Wow. I have wild dreams about doing canning & jarring some day. *sigh* will you help me?
and ps. *snicker* "my entire days work in 7 little jars" :)
Post a Comment