Last night we had a combined birthday party for Dan, my brother-in-law, Noelle, my sister-in-law and me. It was a lot of fun. It happened to be December 7. This date is not significant in my family because of Pearl Harbor. It is the day my parents got engaged 33 years ago! My mom and dad went to a fireside and then back to some one's house to have banana splits. My dad put the ring in the cherry. They have celebrated this day every year since by making banana splits. We loved this day as kids. The rule was you could make your banana split as big as you wanted and you didn't have to finish it you didn't have to. My parents have been a little disappointed that I haven't celebrated this family holiday since I have moved out. When Noelle suggested having a combined birthday party I could keep from suggesting banana splits. They were yummy. Happy Birthday to Dan and Noelle and Congrats to My mom and Dad. I love you!
1 day ago

3 comments:
Cute picture, Erik and I celebrated the ice cream party too. I just love ice cream I can't stop celebrating.
Happy Dec 7th! Yummy
What a cute tradition. I wonder if Mark and I should could continue to go bug hunting (I was taking Entomology) to remember the night he proposed. Yeah, you could say I was utterly surprised.
That is such a great tradition! Sorry we couldn't make it over. Chase is always so crazy on sundays because we have late church and he misses his nap. He usually goes to bed as soon as we get home for church.
Post a Comment