As long as I can remember December 7th has been a holiday in the Carlson home. My parents got engaged on this day. It was a Sunday and they had gone to someone's home after a fireside for banana splits. When my dad brought my mom hers it had a ring instead of a cherry on it. We have celebrated this with having banana splits ever since. Last night we went to Thanksgiving Point, to our favorite ice cream place to get our treat. When we got there we saw reindeer out front. It was so fun for my boys. I was glad Emily had brought her camera so we could get some pictures.
Ethan, Jake and Ryan with the reindeer
Me with my banana split. I really wanted to share with Mark since these are so huge but he wasn't in the mood to share so I was forced to try and eat this all myself. Poor me :)
The Hemingway Boys. I wanted to share with the little guys but they insisted on having blue ice cream cones!
Ethan, Jake and Ryan with the reindeer
Me with my banana split. I really wanted to share with Mark since these are so huge but he wasn't in the mood to share so I was forced to try and eat this all myself. Poor me :)
The Hemingway Boys. I wanted to share with the little guys but they insisted on having blue ice cream cones!

2 comments:
ok, now I really want a banana split...
I wish we had a fun tradition like that. Congratulations to your parents. They are the best!
Post a Comment