Sunday, February 28, 2010

So EXCITED!!!

Kellie had her baby this morning. I am so happy for her. She was due on the 19 which doesn't say much for the women in my family (who are usually at least a week late) Her doctor didn't want her to go too far over so she started her last night and little Gunnar James was born this morning around 3:00AM! Kellie was so determined to have a VBAC and I guess Gunnar had other plans :( he was twisted up in the umbilical cord and every time she tried to push him out that darn cord pulled him back in. So Kellie had her second c-section. No fun. But we are grateful that everyone is healthy! Erik and Kellie were so cute to call me this morning at 4:30 to let me know all about the delievery. I have been counting down the days until Gunnar got here. I have been calling Kellie morning and night for the past week to see if she had been making any progress. I LOVE BABIES! Thank you Kellie and Erik for calling and filling me in on everything ASAP! I am flying to AZ on Thursday night to go and meet him, I can barely wait.


Other great news, my lime tree is in blossoming! Nothing smells sweeter than a citrus tree in blossom (or brand new babies). Oh how I miss Arizona at this time of year. Having a little lime tree in my home sure helps with the home sickness. Mark got me this tree a little while ago since he knows how much I love citrus. I think I have actually enjoyed the blossoms more than the limes. Thank you Mark! Since the only picture I have of Gunnar is on my phone you get a picture of my Lime tree :) Sorry its not a scratch and sniff!

5 comments:

Kimberly Moore said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for Kellie and Erik! Tell them congrats for me when you see them.

Reading about your lime tree made me suddenly so homesick for Spring in the desert (I live in Utah now). I absolutely love March in Arizona when we leave the doors open and just let that incredible perfume float through the house. There is no better smell in this world than citrus blossoms (and babies)!

Thanks for your post! I loved it.

Kimberly

Rhiannon said...

That is great. I'm so excited for Kellie. Send her my love. I can't wait to see pics of the bundle of joy.
I too, miss the smell of the orange blossoms and the Spring time of the desert.

Laurie said...

it would be cool if it was scratch and sniff! I have smells that remind me of home too and I cherish them! I don't know who it is that had the baby, but that is very exciting and I'm so happy you get to go and breath him in!

Alyse and Bob said...

I hope your kids are feeling better! I saw some pictures that your Dad posted, he is sooo cute! I'm jealous of all the babies in your family. Have fun in Mesa.

Taylor Family said...

I'm so glad everything went well, even if she had to have another c-section!