My neighbor gave me 8 cups of raspberries and I made jam. Defiantly the BEST thing I have canned so far in my life:) Ireally like to take pictures of my bottled food since it takes so much effort to do and we eat it up so fast.
The next day we drove to LeGrande Oregon( I was a little stressed to say the least trying to get out of my house and get things ready for our sitters watching the boys). We stayed in the coolest house ever. My brother-in-law Mathew's grandparents have a home there. It was amazing. I don't know if they have ever thrown anything away. Matthew said we should search all the closets. It was so fun! I think one of the highlights of my trip. Matthew's grandma BB must have been a really classy lady. She is currently 90 or somewhere close to that age and in an assisted living in Rexburg. She had hats from every era as well as jackets, lamps, jewelry and furniture, also old Friend magazine (they were bound in a book--cool) and the New Era I can't remember what it was called then. My favorite article that I read was called "How to look the part without really trying" It was in section of "fill in the blank with out really trying" I feel bad that I didn't get a picture of me in my favorite jacket. It was darling and I felt like Mary Tyler Moore. Spencer even played dress up with me. I could have been doing this for hours. We went to a restaurant in LeGrande with Auntie Mae (Molly) She is on the right holding Max.

Andrew and Me on the rocking pig while waiting for our food.

Here is Matthew's brother Andrew meeting Max for the first time. This was the night before the big race. We were all carb loading. I really wanted to get a picture of both Andrews but that didn't really happen.
Mark rode in the STP Seattle to Portland (204 Miles) on Saturday July 17. I got up that morning and rand 16 miles. It was the best run of my life. I know it was due to the elevation difference but I knocked 20 minutes off my previous weeks time :)
Here is Mark at the 150 Mile stop. He looked great!
Here is everyone who rode on Team SSE (minus my uncle David who was getting food) My sister's husband Erik missed the 150 mile stop and kept going to finish about 40 minutes before everyone else. I felt really bad for Kellie. It was a really frustrating day trying to meet the guys at the stops being stuck in trafic most of the way. And they when we stopped at the 100 mile pt. my cousin Ben told us that Erik looked like he was struggling (Ben quit the race at 100 miles, I think he was struggling). So I know Kellie was really worried about Erik. Well they all finished and are still smiling! Way to go Guys!
The next day we drove to LeGrande Oregon( I was a little stressed to say the least trying to get out of my house and get things ready for our sitters watching the boys). We stayed in the coolest house ever. My brother-in-law Mathew's grandparents have a home there. It was amazing. I don't know if they have ever thrown anything away. Matthew said we should search all the closets. It was so fun! I think one of the highlights of my trip. Matthew's grandma BB must have been a really classy lady. She is currently 90 or somewhere close to that age and in an assisted living in Rexburg. She had hats from every era as well as jackets, lamps, jewelry and furniture, also old Friend magazine (they were bound in a book--cool) and the New Era I can't remember what it was called then. My favorite article that I read was called "How to look the part without really trying" It was in section of "fill in the blank with out really trying" I feel bad that I didn't get a picture of me in my favorite jacket. It was darling and I felt like Mary Tyler Moore. Spencer even played dress up with me. I could have been doing this for hours. We went to a restaurant in LeGrande with Auntie Mae (Molly) She is on the right holding Max.
Andrew and Me on the rocking pig while waiting for our food.While in LeGrande I realized that my brother Spencer has the mannerisms of my dad and the personality of my Grandpa Hales. My favorite quote was when Spencer and Star were sitting on the front porch eating yogurt, Spencer said, "Star we are like two peas in a pod...two...peas..in...a...pod" I was laughing so hard.

Here is Matthew's brother Andrew meeting Max for the first time. This was the night before the big race. We were all carb loading. I really wanted to get a picture of both Andrews but that didn't really happen.
Mark rode in the STP Seattle to Portland (204 Miles) on Saturday July 17. I got up that morning and rand 16 miles. It was the best run of my life. I know it was due to the elevation difference but I knocked 20 minutes off my previous weeks time :)
Here is Mark at the 150 Mile stop. He looked great!
Here is everyone who rode on Team SSE (minus my uncle David who was getting food) My sister's husband Erik missed the 150 mile stop and kept going to finish about 40 minutes before everyone else. I felt really bad for Kellie. It was a really frustrating day trying to meet the guys at the stops being stuck in trafic most of the way. And they when we stopped at the 100 mile pt. my cousin Ben told us that Erik looked like he was struggling (Ben quit the race at 100 miles, I think he was struggling). So I know Kellie was really worried about Erik. Well they all finished and are still smiling! Way to go Guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment