We have had some sunny days (the past two) and I am hoping it keeps up. For those of you who don't have boys here's something you might not know:) they have a LOT of energy. So whenever it is remotely decent outside I have them go outside. Well yesterday it was warm enough that I could actually sit outside with them. So we went to a park. Twice.
I took Jake, Ryan and Andrew for a lunch picnic before I took Jake to school. We went to a park right by the school. I am beginning to really love this park. It is huge and has a lot of stuff for big kids and little ones. Perfect for our fam. So while at this park Ryan (my friendliest kid) was playing with some kids, they looked about his size. All of the sudden they started calling him a baby, then they said that he couldn't be their friend anymore. I watched him as his entire countenance dropped. It was heartbreaking. Then he came running to me in tears. I felt so bad for him. I called Jake over and explained what happened. I then asked Jake to introduce Ryan to his new friend and keep him around. Jake did exactly that. I was so grateful for little brothers who are such buddies. Thank you Jake for being so kind.
Park #2 was much more pleasant. Funny thing about Andrew. There is a huge sand (mostly rock sand) volley ball place at the park. Andrew played in the sand the whole time. When it was time to go I told Andrew. He started walking away from me and wouldn't even look back. ha ha. Then when I caught up to him, he had a little cup thing that he had filled with sand. When I picked him up I realized that he had filled his big pocket on his hoody with sand. He is 100% boy. What a silly little guy. He has learned to go down the little slides all by himself and LOVES them.
1 day ago

4 comments:
The story of Ryan broke my heart. I'm glad Jake was such a good brother to him.
thanks for going to the park again today! that story about ryan is so so sad. some kids are just so mean. and i was going to tell you in april we will have to take the boys to the playground at our apt. b/c it has soft red sand! i even got sand toys for when kids come to visit. i think andrew will love it :). good to see you guys, see ya in april!
I'm loving the spring weather and parks again as well. I just can't get enough of being outside. Today we went to the zoo as well. So fun!
What sweet brothers! Some kids can be so mean. I vividly remember the first time some (older) kid made fun of my Ryan. I was shocked at the "mother-bear" instinct that rose up in me! lol
Way to go on the organizing! I have been hacking away at my house too. Laundry has NOT been addressed, however. Keep it up!
Post a Comment