Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BYU Banquet

First off I got a new camera Yeah! I still haven't figured everything out so I am slowly catching up on my blog.

My Dad and his brothers started a scholarship foundation at BYU. They have put money into an account for the past several years and now the interest of that account pays for a scholarship at BYU. They did it to honor their parents. I got to go to the banquet where they gave away the first scholarship. It was so fun to be there.
Here is my uncle David presenting the plaque that is going to be hung in one of the buildings (I can't remember which one since I was never a student there)


Here is all the family that was able to attend.


Ben, Kelsey, David, Liz, Grandpa, Grandma, Emily, Me, Sadie and Kasey




Oh and I got to sit at the table with the recipient of the scholarship. It will go every year to one person who is majoring in scouting. (Did you even know that was a major?) I think they chose scouting because there are 6 boys in my dad's family all who earned their eagle scout award. My dad had 3 daughters and 1 boy and scouting was a big deal in our family. All my uncles love scouting.

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Fun wish I could have been there. I love you

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

This is really cool. I had only heard a little about it in the family newsletter. Thanks for filling in the gaps and taking some pictures :)

Hemingway Family said...

That's very cool! Way to go to your Dad & his bro's!

Hemingway Family said...

ps...this is Becky commenting via Hemingway family :)

Tanya Leigh said...

Wow, that is really awesome! *you and Emily look very alike, by the way.*

I went to Ryan's first Blue & Gold Banquet last month, and it was really awesome. I love the values they focus on! -- Sounds like a great scholarship to me. :)