For Valentine's Day we keep things pretty low key around here. We bought our kids a card and a little chocolate marmallow treat. We turn their plates upside down and put them under them. Its something my dad did for me. (I'm not sure if he only did it a few times or every year, I really can't remember, but I loved it so we do it for our kids) This year I made pizza, and we had pink pop, and valentine cups. I thought about making the pizza heart shaped but I realized I would be the only one who noticed or cared so I didn't. Mark had a huge deadline due Wednesday morning so as soon as we got the kids in bed he started working again. I think he was up until 3. Luckily for me he took the 15th off.
My kids were so fun after school going through all their Valentines. I think Ethan read every single one. They were so nice to share their candy with Ryan and Andrew.
On the day after Valentine's Mark usually goes and gets me flowers. As you can see I get a TON! He usually gets me one dozen for every boy :) He also buys his chocolates which I tell him are from me.
So here are our annual pictures.
As you can see we aren't super romantic. I think it all goes back to our first Valentine's day married. I left Mark. He won't ever let me forget it either. We were living in Rexburg and one of my closest cousins was getting married on the 15 so I drove down to Utah on the 14 and went to the Olympics with my family and then the next day went to the wedding. Mark got to Utah in time for the reception. So now every year when I ask Mark what he wants to do for Valentine's Day he says, "I don't know, you could just leave me if you want." I haven't left him since.

2 comments:
I love your flower/chocolate the day after tradition. I am going to have to tell Bob all about it! As for the chocolates, I should just bring over what I got in class. No one eats them here. And I got some good ones!
Mark left me this year! The kids and I had fun decorating sugar cookies though :)
Post a Comment