Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last of the Summer Swimming



This is Ethan jumping off the high dive today. He just loves the thrill. He got pretty brave watching all the other kids jump and attempted jumping off backwards. Poor little guy did a back flop. No, I didn't get that on camera. Another dad was standing right there when he landed and jumped in as soon as he saw Ethan flop. He helped Ethan get to the side. He was in so much pain. My little Ethan, after he stopped crying, asked to go back on the boards.




Here is Jake jumping in the pool. I am so proud. We had my brother-in-laws pool key for the week of the 4th of July and Jake wouldn't stick his face in the water. I would have to say we have made some huge progress this summer. Today he was even doing "superman arms" and blowing bubbles and kicking. He really wants to go off the diving board like Ethan but I told him he has to swim to the side. I think he will get there by the end of next summer.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Those were fun videos of the kids swimming in the pool I think I watched them both three or five times!

Alyse and Bob said...

oh my gosh! Ethan is so funny! And I love how well he can swim. I am impressed. I was at my classroom on friday all day trying to master cursive, so I'll be by sometime to get the camera.

Noelle said...

Ethan is so crazy! I can't believe he goes off the high dive, that still scares me!! You have the cutest boys! I can't wait until I can come play with them :)

Cook Family said...

Hi JanaRae! I saw you had a blog on Kellie's blog. You have such a cute family! I am excited you are blogging now :)