This is Mark. I was going to put a post on here about how our house is haunted but I guess I'll do that when we get closer to Halloween. Anyhow, we finally have our basement finished. When we bought the house there were a few things down there - one was this strange brick work against one wall that looked like a boarded up subway stop. I just assumed it was a portal to the netherworld and that boards are very effective at stopping the creatures who may be trying to come through (I was wrong though because our house is still haunted). There was also a room where someone had probably spent days stenciling leaves on the walls and ceiling. I know it sounds awesome but in reality, someone spent a whole lot of time making that room really ugly. Anyhow, when we decided to do the basement I tore everything down - and much to my dismay there was just a concrete wall behind the boards of the portal. Not a long dark tunnel like I was hoping for. All I did was the demo for the basement- I'm pretty good at wrecking things. Phil - our friendly neighborhood contractor finished it for us. Speaking of Phil, one day little Jakey was asking JanaRae why one of his friends moms name was Heidi. JanaRae told him it was because her parents named her Heidi, just like we named him Jake. Well, Jake thought for a moment and said "Mom, Phil named me Buddy."
Jake also imparted of his wisdom with me a few weeks ago when he said "Dad... when I eat the bug that makes me sick." I didn't want to know how he learned that. Back to the house. Here is the video of the basement tour.
1 day ago

3 comments:
Yea! Your Basement is done. The bathroom looks GREAT! Love you guys lots.
What a transformation! I love the basement. Your kids are growing up so quickly. I need to stop by soon, I will. I am getting to the point where I am not stressed out everyday after school.
The basement looks great. Thanks for the tour! I'm so happy for you that it's done. Now you get to enjoy it.
Post a Comment