Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Ryan!

Ryan turned one last Friday. It was such a fun day and I am a little worn out. Ryan is such a party animal. He could barley wait for his big day.


One Day old

One Year Old
They grow up way too fast!








We got Ryan a few presents but it is really quite hard to figure out what to get the third boy. He has all the hand-me-downs he could ever dream of. We ended up getting him a shape sorter. Ethan got one for his first b-day and through all the moves we have managed to lose most of the pieces. I took Jake to DI and told him he could pick out anything he wanted for Ryan for his birthday. He got him a ninja turtle that he couldn't wait for Ryan to open so he could share it with him :)


This is the present Jake Got for Ryan. Ninja Turtle on a bike.


We had a nice little family party here. I'm including a video of Ryan with his birthday cake. I think Ethan's gets a little dramatic towards the end of the video, as if he won't get any untouched cake. He is pretty appalled that we would actually let Ryan do what he wanted to the cake.Ethan also really wanted to have his picture taken with Ryan.This is actually the first time I haven't baked a birthday cake since we have been married. I was at Albertsons on Tuesday. We were getting our free cookie from the bakery and I saw a sign that said they will give your child a free cake for their first birthday. How could I resist. No purchase necessary. So if you have a newbie about to turn one, head on over to Alberstons. How can you beat free!


Here is a picture of Mark reading a story to the boys tonight. I think this is what he looks like at church too. The boys just adore him. Mark thinks I am brainwashing them so they never cry for me. Whatever the case may be, it is so nice to tell Mark "I would take the boys, but they want you!" Honestly if they are being too noisy in church they have to sit by me. What a punishment.

6 comments:

lehiharmers said...

All your boys are such little cuties.
When Ethan was walking out of primary today, he was yelling 'BYE' to me:) Love that little dude.
I love the red hair too. Sweet.

They DO grow up way too fast!
Love the new look on the blog.

-Noel

The Garrison Family said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! He is so cute. I love love love the red hair. What do you get the third boy? My Cameron's birthday is soon and we too don't know what to get him. Maybe a toothbrush or something. He loves toothbrushes! I guess it's really nothing to complain about. We should enjoy it now while they don't know we wrapped the toy out of our own toy chest. RIGHT? and they are still happy.

Taylor Family said...

How did you post such a long video, mine can't be more than 30-40 sec? Anyways, too cute! They do grow up too fast.

Anderson Family said...

Love the family tradition. I am excited to see what Star does when she gets as old as Ryan. Love the whole family I have the cuttiest nephews. Hint: The cake should have been closer so Ryan could have really gone at the cake!

Tanya Leigh said...

What a great party! Happy Birthday Ryan!! - Ethan sounds so amazing! Is he hearing pretty well now with the implants? Wow!

You are adorable (and I love the 'punishment' at church. How do you do it, again?? ;)

JamieD said...

Hey Mark and family- Your boys are so stinking cute.. Guess what else our babies share a birthday! How cool is that? Anyway if you don't mind too much I'm going to link your blog to mine and someday when you're not too busy come say hi to us. www.jamieandbryan.com Hope you're doing well. Let me know how I can get in touch with Joel.