Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake

Jake has been talking about having a batman birthday for the past few months. WE let our kids choose if they want a present from mom and dad or if they want a party. Jake chose the party. Since he was turning 4, he was allowed to invite 4 friends. It was pretty low key. Mark even surprised us and came home from work. Here are Jake and his friends from left to right.
Jaden, Harry, Jake, Cohen, and Kaden.
Jake kept telling me that he needed a bat suit. I spent a lot of time on Monday making this. I didn't get a chance to get the pants sewn but I figured Jake wouldn't mind too much. He woke up and told me I was missing the thing that covered his eyes and his bat shoes. He then got his book out and compared his suit to the one in the book. I never knew he was going to be so hard to please. Ethan woke up at 5:30 and saw their bedroom door decorated (its a birthday tradition that I grew up with) He was so excited that he had to come up stairs and tell us. He wanted to wake up Jake. He eventually did wake him up at 7:15. Jake wasn't even going to put on his costume, he said it was for Halloween. Ethan convinced him to try it on to make sure it was his size. Then He wouldn't take it off. I am glad he ended up liking it.

Here is Jake with his friends. I made a round cake for our family and poured 6 cupcakes for the party. Another funny thing about the party, when each friend would give Jake a present before he could get it unwrapped they would all tell him what it was. It was pretty cute.

Here is Jake with his cake. Mark did the bat for me. I really don't have any artistic talent. I think Mark did great! I was going to get one of Jake blowing out the candles but he blew them out in the middle of the song so I missed it. Jake had the night planned out for us. So we did as he requested. WE had pizza for dinner then cake and ice cream. He opened his present from Ethan and Ryan, and one from us (Mark cheated and got him a $3 action figure from us.) Then we played with the toys. We then went swimming at the legacy center. This morning Jake woke up and told me on his next birthday he doesn't want to go swimming. Happy Birthday Jake!





5 comments:

cassie said...

What a fun party! Ok you have some mad skills as a seamstress! I can't believe you made that costume! If you tell me it cost less then the $19.99 I am having you make my Halloween costumes this year!

Anderson Family said...

I have been meaning to tell you the costume looks great and to think you did in less then two day. Plus it looks like Jake had a great birthday what a cute mom you are!

Taylor Family said...

What a fun birthday. Looking at that batsuit I'd have to diagree with you...you are VERY creative!

rachel said...

This was an awesome birthday party! I am going to show Benson because he still talks about his buddy Jake that lives in Utah. Happy Birthday JAKE!

MyKidsMom said...

Love the batman cake! Sounds like fun.