Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Day of School and More

Ethan's first day of School was Thursday. My mom always had red, yellow and blue balloons for us to take our first day of school pictures by so it just wouldn't feel like the first day of school for me if I didn't get the balloons. Thank you to Emily and Matthew for picking up the balloons and taking all the great pictures and then taking Ethan to school.
I love this close up of Ethan.
So here is the story. Sorry its kind of long and there are lots of pictures of our cute little guy. My sister Emily and her husband Matthew flew into Salt Lake early Thursday morning (I think around 1:00 AM) They had a friend drop them off at our house. I started having contractions around 2:00 AM nothing really painful or consistent. Around 3:30 they were beginning to be every 3 minutes and a little uncomfortable. I woke Mark up at 4. He said we needed to go right away. I was a little concerned about going since with Ryan I had contractions every 3 min for two hours and then they stopped. I told Mark I would call the hospital. They had a hard time assessing me over the phone. So I got up and packed Ethan's lunch and wrote down some notes for Emily and Matthew. I then went downstairs to tell them we needed to go to the hospital. They were a little sleep deprived to say the least. Emily thought they needed to go to the hospital b/c her in-laws had been in a car accident. She asked if everything was ok. I said I thought I was in labor. Matthew then got really excited and said, "Ok what do we need to grab, lets go!" Emily quickly helped him realize that we (Mark and I) were going to the hospital and they were staying with our kids. I have been laughing about it ever since. We got to the hospital I was still at a 3 1/2 so they made me wait in the side room for an hour. In the mean time my contractions slowed down to every 6 min. I was pretty frustrated and thought they were going to send me home for sure. When they came to check me again I was at a 5 plus! So we were admitted! The Doctor came and broke my water around 8:00AM. My contractions never really picked up. I thought we were going to be there all day so we walked around from 9-9:20ish. WE came back to the room I had about 5 more really strong contractions and then started to throw up. Mark grabbed the trash can and called the nurse. She came in and checked me and told Mark to push the call button again. She then told them to get respiratory in my room and have Dr. Haskett come. I looked and Mark and told him "this was a bad idea, I am done!" Within 7 min. Andrew was born, no Dr. Haskett. Mark was a huge help through every contraction. I really couldn't have done it with out him. Thank you Mark. So now that you may or may not have read my really long story here are all our pictures.
Andrew Ralph Hemingway
6 lbs. 15 oz
19 in long
10:15 AM
(We think the hair looks reddish)



Ethan with Andrew



Jake with Andrew


Ryan and Emily with Andrew


This is Andrew and his little cousin Mason. They are 15 days apart. So Sweet!


Becky, Mason, Me and Andrew

18 comments:

Emily K. said...

Wow! What a labor story! Glad it went so smoothly for you. He is adorable. Good luck with everything, and adjusting to 4 kids. 3 has been a challenge for me, but you're probably a pro. What a cute little family of boys.

Anderson Family said...

Cute little baby! He looks like you JanaRae but who can really tell when they are this small. I thinks it's because he is so small. Love the pictures!

Jeanie said...

Congrats again Mark & JanaRae! I enjoyed the story- especially the first reaction you got from your in-laws. :) Great pics also. I look forward to seeing him!

Lee Ann said...

Thank you for posting pictures! I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Mark! You have a beautiful family and little Andrew looks so cute and healthy. I printed off the picture of the moms and their little newborns. Loves!

Alyse and Bob said...

Emily told me this morning you had your baby!!! I am so happy for you guys! I told my family and everyone is excited to meet Andrew. Let me know if you need anything!-- Love Ethan's first day pics. Bob left for work at 5:45, so I missed out on a pic.

Heather said...

Congrats!!! What a cutie. All your boys are so cute. And you doing it without an epidural, that must be my greatest fear right now.=)

WinnFamily said...

Yay! Congratulations on another adorable boy! My contractions with Austin never got very strong either so I put off going to the hospital for a long time. When I got there I was at a 9 and almost ready to deliver!
How's Ethan liking 1st grade?

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby and you look great.

lehiharmers said...

Congrats!! You look great!!
Your boys are so dang cute!!

Rhiannon said...

I agree with Kellie, he looks like you JanaRae. Congrats on the new babe.

Dip It In Chocolate said...

Awww! So glad you posted pics; he is so so cute! We can't wait to meet him. You have the cutest babies.

I did a double-take when I saw your new family picture. I saw Ryan and was like: Wait... where's the baby???

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

What a sweet boy! I actually have to disagree with the others! think he looks like your Dad! a mini Ed! Inconceivable!

Tanya Leigh said...

What a double-take! I checked your blog, saw the '1st day of school' picture & started scrolling until I realized your new header picture had another BABY!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow - I hope I join you sooner than later. What a trooper you are! Andrew is perfectly beautiful, and you look incredible!

Take care!

Debbie Gardner said...

What a fun idea for the first day of school.
Congrats on the new babe, he's so cute!

Emily said...

Congratulations...he is so dang cute. I am glad everything went well!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations you guys! He's a doll! So glad everything went well and that you had someone to fill in for 1st day of school festivities!!!

Caglefamily said...

ohhh, congrats! he is so cute. Everyone is having babies, I want one. Ok, so not for awhile, I need a break but it does make me baby hungry. How can you resist such sweet cuteness?

Todd and Emily said...

Wow, what a surprise! I haven't read blogs in a LONG time! And to find so much new news on yours was great! Congrats on another adorable readheaded boy! He is a cutie and so little! I love your choice of names too. I hope my next one is two weeks early - how nice. I loved reading the stories and seeing the pics. Thanks for sharing! Good luck you you and Mark!