I grew up in a home of mostly girls (one brother 7 years younger than me) I never knew boys were so fascinated by creepy crawly things. Now of course after having 4 (5 if you count Mark) boys of my own I am well aware of how exciting bugs, trucks, motorcycles, dirt, and almost everything that I avoided as a little girl are. So Ethan was so excited about this HUGE spider. He even had to call Mark at work to let him know he had a surprise for him. He kept telling me "Dad is going to to love this." Mark wanted it outside. I said there is no way he is going to let it out so let him keep it in until he goes to bed. Well I went to take a 30 min nap and during that time Ethan and Jake let the huge spider out and smashed it all over their dresser. I bet they thought it was soooo cool when the huge sack on its back exploded. Mark wasn't very happy that he was the one cleaning it up since I was asleep. Anyway here are some pictures of the lovely spider before it was smashed. Good Find Ethan!




2 comments:
Wow. What in the world kind of spider is THAT!? -- Coy has a severe phobia of bugs: he did pest control before we were married, and continues to work at making each of our homes pest-free.
ALL of our children have inherited this fear of all-things-creepy-crawly. *I* am the one who tries to tell them that some bugs are actually "cool". lol!
GREAT story, by the way! :)
Hahaha, that is hilarious! Sorry, Mark, not that hilarious... :)
Sherise
(used to be Craft in college)
Post a Comment