Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jake is 6!

Jake had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. On the 24th of March he turned 6! Unfortunately my camera was broken but luckily we got a few pictures on Mark's iPhone. Jake has been talking about and planning his birthday for weeks. He was so excited. We let him open one present in the morning before everyone left. He opened a shadow puppet theatre kit from my parents. He played with that during the morning. We went to story time at the library. And Jake was super excited to be playing games on the computer in the morning before school.

After school he had tumbling. We then went to Chuck E. Cheese's. (We let our kids either do something fun with the family and get a present from Mom and Dad or they can have a party with their friends) Jake almost always chooses family as long as we can invite grandparents, aunts and uncles to the party. We got home around 7:00. Soon everyone got to our house. Jake could barely wait to open his presents. We sang to him and as soon as we were done he just tore open every present much like a tornado.

The cake is a blue storm trooper. Jake lately got into Star wars.



Here he is blowing out candles.
And after opening all the presents. Thanks to everyone who came. And to Michele for mailing Jake his present he loved it. And Katie for making the cutest penguin suckers.

Jake had a really fun day.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Thanks for post this I have been waiting to see pictures of Jake's Birthday! Looks like he had a fun Birthday. I don't know much about Star wars so when I saw the cake I didn't know what it was until I read about it. Erik new right when he looked out it. Good job!

Taylor Family said...

I thought he was in a crib in that last picture :) What a fun day. My kids love Chuck E. Cheese as well!

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, he's GLOWING! *I, too, thought he was in a crib in that last shot ;)* What a cutie-pie.

And I really like the idea of the friend party or the "special occasion" outing, as we call them.

I REALLY like it. :)