Mark and I took our family back to Rochester, New York to go see his parents who are serving as mission presidents there for the LDS church. It was a week long vacation and so fun.
This is a picture that I have been meaning to post for a long time now. It is not in New York but it is two things I can't live with out. Andrew and our fabulous hoody towels. My mom's aunt has made one of these for each of my boys. We LOVE them. Andrew is two weeks old in this picture. I think he is so precious!
We flew in to Rochester and got there around 3. My boys all had these shirts on that say My Grandpa Rules. Andrew's shirt said I love my Grandpa. It was fun to see Mike and LeeAnn again. It had been way too long. I got a little teary eyed as I watched Ethan run up to Mike and give him a HUGE hug. They sure miss their grandparents.
The first day we went to the museum of play. It was so fun. We didn't get out of the house until 1:30 and we stayed there until close. We still didn't get a chance to see everything. It was amazing. We even happened to get on the news that night. They were doing a story about 10 toys that had been nominated to go into the toy hall of fame. So there was a guy there with a camera and a news reporter. They were filming the boys and I gave them a weird look. The reporter then told me it was for the news and wondered if I minded. I said no. So we watched the news that night and in the background of the report you could see me and Lee Ann sitting at a table. Then they did a wider shot and you could see that rest of our family playing. It all lasted about 30 seconds and we were really excited.
Here is Ryan playing with the chickens and eggs. I guess he takes after his dad.
Jake playing in the "sand" pile. This wasn't really sand. It looked more like teeny tiny beads. Jake and Ryan played here for a while. I sat on a bench (with Andrew in my snugli) and got a lot of comments about having three boys with red hair and sooo young. The people in New York all thought I was crazy. I guess they would get along with Mark! :)
We also went to the one of the great lakes. I think it was Lake Ontario. It was fun to walk around. It was pretty cold. Both of my boys were pretty excited when they saw all of the sand. I felt bad we could stay and play longer. I think Ethan would have gone swimming if Mark hadn't threatened him with his life. (We didn't bring a change of clothes or towels, it would have been a long ride home with wet children)
This is a picture that I have been meaning to post for a long time now. It is not in New York but it is two things I can't live with out. Andrew and our fabulous hoody towels. My mom's aunt has made one of these for each of my boys. We LOVE them. Andrew is two weeks old in this picture. I think he is so precious!
We flew in to Rochester and got there around 3. My boys all had these shirts on that say My Grandpa Rules. Andrew's shirt said I love my Grandpa. It was fun to see Mike and LeeAnn again. It had been way too long. I got a little teary eyed as I watched Ethan run up to Mike and give him a HUGE hug. They sure miss their grandparents.The first day we went to the museum of play. It was so fun. We didn't get out of the house until 1:30 and we stayed there until close. We still didn't get a chance to see everything. It was amazing. We even happened to get on the news that night. They were doing a story about 10 toys that had been nominated to go into the toy hall of fame. So there was a guy there with a camera and a news reporter. They were filming the boys and I gave them a weird look. The reporter then told me it was for the news and wondered if I minded. I said no. So we watched the news that night and in the background of the report you could see me and Lee Ann sitting at a table. Then they did a wider shot and you could see that rest of our family playing. It all lasted about 30 seconds and we were really excited.
Here is Ryan playing with the chickens and eggs. I guess he takes after his dad.
Jake playing in the "sand" pile. This wasn't really sand. It looked more like teeny tiny beads. Jake and Ryan played here for a while. I sat on a bench (with Andrew in my snugli) and got a lot of comments about having three boys with red hair and sooo young. The people in New York all thought I was crazy. I guess they would get along with Mark! :)We also went to the one of the great lakes. I think it was Lake Ontario. It was fun to walk around. It was pretty cold. Both of my boys were pretty excited when they saw all of the sand. I felt bad we could stay and play longer. I think Ethan would have gone swimming if Mark hadn't threatened him with his life. (We didn't bring a change of clothes or towels, it would have been a long ride home with wet children)




5 comments:
Julia has a matching hippo towel. Did you know she has a blog now?
http://crittertowels.wordpress.com
You are BRAVE to travel with all your kids! I'm gearing up for a trip (just Julia and I) in a month and am getting nervous already!
That is such a great museum! We're sure jealous you got to see Mike & Lee Ann. Looks like you guys had so much fun!
oh my gosh, those shirts are sooo cute! i bet dad loved that! looks like you guys had fun- the museum of play is my favorite! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
We love that museum! We go there every time we go back to NY to visit my parents. That's cool Mark's parents are the mission leaders.
What a fun time! I LOVE kid museums! I am so proud of you for posting pictures that actually have YOU in them! You look amazing, by the way :)
Post a Comment